Friday, July 01, 2005

Natural Healing

I write this sitting amongst the most scenic surroundings I ever witnessed. Everything around me is so calm and beautiful. I am settled comfortably in the verandah of my new home on the outskirts of the city. It is not just this morning but also many others that I can’t seem to let go of these solitude moments. No, I’m not thinking about where my next paycheck will come from or not even of my to-buy list. Its not that Bill Gates has adopted me, but I believe that every worry has its time and such peaceful moments are certainly not one of those. This is the time to see the puppies play with a piece of cloth, to watch the sky colours and the patterns of the clouds, to spoil the feet in the soil below and walk barefoot in the green grass. The butterflies hovering over the flowers are a pleasant site, just as beautiful as the sparrows hurrying around at the start of the day.

Life is certainly beautiful, God.

Truly said, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If I had rushed out of the house to catch some fast local train or a bus, worrying about the day ahead, I would have never noticed such calmness around me. Even though I do rush for the bus many a time, I stop in my tracks to appreciate the butterflies or the tender grass on the sideways. At that moment, I really do not care about losing my regular traffic. I know I have to give justice to the beauty that unfolds itself in front of my eyes. Then with a small smile at the corner of my lips and a song to match, I make my way ahead.

These moments energize a person to an extent that no fitness program can. This is the actual “natural healing”. And yes, Dr. God does not charge any session fees either.

Wanna take this “everlasting” offer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charu..yet again, loved those writings,so wonderfully natural and soothing...i simply love the fact that you make an effort to soak in everything around you, right from the puppy playing with a peice of cloth to walking barefoot in the green grass!!Charu,your sensitivity is inspiring,honest and i realized this y'day morn when i went for a walk in the morning and
actually stopped by to watch street kids having a ball...so oblivious of the fact that they are unprevileged,it didn't matter to them that the next lunch is not something they can take for granted...a testimony that children are same across classes....thanks for the mail, its food for thought, a wake up call to say "hey, lets not get too mechanical..its perfectly fine to stop by and get our feet dirty in the rain outside"
Keep mailing...and take care

happiness always
pankaj