Friday, July 01, 2005

Oh those times...

Was going through a real terrible patch in my life for the past four months or so. Was mostly in glum moods, tensed up by my problems. It was worsened by the fact that I could not share these with friends. Being an ever-smiling person always has its disadvantages. People just forget that you might have your blues too. Just two of my close friends knew what the problems were.

Anyways, in those days, a friend of mine suggested that I write down all my anxieties and fears that engulfed my mind. My writings had that “feel-good” factor, thought she. I should learn to face the bad times with my head up and write down in those times too, she added. I retorted back saying that it was not that I ran away from problems. I was just lazy enough not to work on them.

Most of the times when I am faced with a grim situation, I just keep it the way it is. Maybe it is my belief that tings work out, no matter what. Every problem has the seeds of a solution in it. Sounds stupid, I know. But trust me, it does not make sense to go on a world improvement crusade just like that. I mean, agreed, I work on it if it causes extreme pain or ache to self or someone close, but not beyond that. Maybe, it is my deeply ingrained belief that whatever happens, happens for a reason.

Anyways, I did take her advice seriously, and decided to jot down my thoughts, just for the sake that it might bring some pattern or direction to my thinking. But then, me being me, was so lazy even to grab a pen, that the time just slipped out of my hands. It has been this way numerous times. I have clouds of thoughts rolling around those grey cells in my head, but was sheer lazy to note them down.

Anyways, I am now doing perfectly fine (as always).

No comments: