Thursday, August 11, 2005

My Favorites

watching the candle burn…

the ‘cutting’ chai at a road side stall on an early morning…

an unexpected phone call from a friend saying she misses me…

a plate of hot steaming “chole” at marine lines…

a tight hug from my darling niece…

holding hands with him…

a good night’s sleep besides by my grandma…

a jagjit singh gazal…

the pitter-patter of raindrops…

the morning dew…

the splash of colours at sunset

late night talks on the phone with a close friend…

writing down my favorite things in life in a candlelight…

talking, laughing, having fun…

walking through the woods…

listening to music, anytime, anywhere…

gazing out of a train window…

cooking a surprise meal for ma…

watching the last of raindrops fall from the leaves after the rain stops…

the “kala-katha” ice gola in summer…

the pickles in winters…

the mornings when I move around with a dance in my steps…

“friends” on Zee English…

a cute puppy…

licking off the tip of an ice-cream…

window-shopping with no money in pockets…

a heart-to-heart talk with ma…

a good pillow fight with didi…

hearing about our childhood from parents…

getting nostalgic about the good-old college days…

a ride with him on the bike…

a spicy pani-puri, followed by a sadha puri…

sleeping on my ma’s lap, and feeling her fingers move through my hair…

a plant nursery…

the view from a mountain top after a treacherous climb…

a family get-together at a function…

satin ribbons…

sitting quietly in a temple, watching people pray…

the smell of new stationary…

éclairs…

a full-moon night…

a quick afternoon nap…

a dinner with close family friends…

a strong filter coffee…

steaming dal-rice served by ma…

sunflowers…

a slow train...

a five star Cadbury…

“Tom & Jerry” on cartoon network…

a heavy breakfast…

amazing wallpapers for my computer…

cooking up fairy tales and stories of Krishna for my niece…
watching her frightened face as the demon arrives…

watering the garden early morning…

a peacock’s feather…

a home-made sandwich with a tasty ”pudina” chutney…

a rosebud in the garden…

dancing in the rain…

a late night action thriller…

a sudden, out-of-nowhere kiss from him, interrupting my nonstop chatter…

writing long, heartfelt letters to dear ones…

baby pink colour…

a good book…

my journal and my pen…

pot-painting…

a rainbow…

the smell of carbon as I blow off the candle…
.
.
.
life…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How poetic. You have so many of them... I kept reading, and reading and reading...
Liked the ending... life. :)

Anonymous said...

Dumb blogspot server ditched me again. I dont know if my previous comment will show up, but you need to blog more regularly. Please don't abandon this blog...
and also post links to your friend's site or wherever that your poems came. blogspot is a ood place to put up your poems, so try and do that too...

However, it's kind of inspiring to see someone actually living life in the real world eh? This just hit me. I was wondering why the blog was abandoned and all. you are probably one of those people who will see this in their mail box four weeks after it was written... damn. Will stop now, and am heading over to creativegarh.

And best of luck with the copyrighting.

Anonymous said...

2.35 in the night i come back home from a boring party and work after the party.

manage to start my computer.
click on yahoo-open the inbox-find 28 unread messages-one of which ( myfavourites...) makes my day worth living for-least i can do is thank the author of the post.

thanks for writing so well, it makes someones day.
keep on writting from your heart, don't bother whether what comes out is beautiful or ugly, only remember whatever comes out of heart is a part of you.

just trying to be honest...
...if it leads to flattering please do accept it with grace.

sudip

Anonymous said...

Hi Charuta,

Well, make your favourite things rhyme and we will have a new song that
can rival this one from 'sound of music'.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favourite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

Needless to say, I loved the way you have captured your favourite
things.

So keep on writing beautiful musings and share it, it's always fun to
read the variety of different poetry on a single board, now that's one
of my favourite things. :-)

Keep it up!

Cheers!

Yours truly,

Ankur
emirite2@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi Charuta,

I was here!

John