Saturday, February 05, 2005

The dream…The grind…

Take one:
I had been invited by a friend to write for his site. I merely forwarded my earlier stuff to him to edit and host. A few days later, one of my poems was published on site. He wrote back to me asking if I could write a review of a film or a book that I’ve come across. I am flabbergasted! This is the first time someone has ever “asked” me to write on something!

Take two:
I'm a member of a yahoo group called Creativegarh. I’ve posted a thought or two randomly on this group. They got me some really motivating reviews. The group members wrote to me asking about the terrible frequency of my writings. Just the other day, I was chatting with one of the prominent members of the groups, online the mentioned that another fellow of the group had been inspired to write poetry because of my articles. The person in topic was a real good poet, I knew. Hence, it was almost a shock to see that my ‘stuff’ could inspire anybody…

Take three:
I take a longing look at all those mails stocked in a folder in my mailbox.

Take four:
I call up my close friend to congratulate her on her planned wedding. As we discuss lives, she comments that I’ve shaped up my life well. I’ve achieved what I always wanted.

Take five:
In just nine months after I join the company, I get the achievement award for the best sales woman of the year by the company president.

Take six:
I keep promising friends and friends for a couple of months of giving them time. All those coffee outings, weekend plans, movies, eating out, attending weddings . . . are all on calendar, of the last few months. Everybody is royally ditched by me, every time.

Take seven:
This month is gonna be really, really busy one for me as I work from morning 9 to evening 7.

Take eight:
My boyfriend shuns me for not returning his calls on time. All personal calls are not attended to in my office hours by me, unless urgent. I keep promising of calling back friends, which I never do. My social life is in dumps.

Take nine:
Today morning I heard this beautiful song called “Chhoti si aasha” from a film called “Roja” while traveling. I’m reminded of my small dream of owning a small house in Konkan with fields and palm tress around, a small garden outside, two dogs, one cat, a good music systems, well stocked books, French windows with long flying curtains, earthen pots, a warm sunshine…

Take ten:
I realize that I’ve not been doing justice to my dreams passions, my soul. Solely dedicated to career, and enjoying it too, has brought my personal life to a grind of sorts.
I need to look around to breathe. I guess I have not been giving myself the pause on my way to observe the green grass.

I apologize to myself.

Friends are gonna get all those pending calls.

Zee English, Monday nights on Star World, late night movies on Star Movies and HBO…here I come, armed with the popcorn.

Mom, you are gonna hate me for those late night, long phone calls, once again.

My boyfriend better be prepared to see me acting like nuts on the road, and love me for it.

My PC keyboard would now sound like Adnan Sami’s piano keyboard.

Next Sunday is a date with mom for a Marathi play and a dinner out.

Better go and join that amazing book library near Thane station, it has a good collection of novels.
...
Time to change the wallpaper and the cell’s ring tone too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is simple amazing! im taking the liberty of forwarding to some of my friends who too are caught in the rate race... Thanks Charuta... I owe you one!

Shilpa
whatscreativity@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous said...

Take ten:
I realize that I’ve not been doing justice to my dreams passions, my soul.


Something about this line, stopped me for a while...
Something about this line, made me feel uneasy...
Something about this line, makes me want to read it again...and again!
Something...about it!

Anonymous said...

Take ten:
I realize that I’ve not been doing justice to my dreams passions, my soul.


Something about this line, stopped me for a while...
Something about this line, made me feel uneasy...
Something about this line, makes me want to read it again...and again!
Something...about it!